Thanks to Our
2019-2020 EITC/OSTC Donors:
York Water Co.
"[Our son] is in 3rd grade and he is a very special child. In public school he knew, if he needed to get out of a bad situation, he could act out and be sent home. We were called all the time. He was helpless before. But now...at KCA.., he has learned that God is stronger than anything. The teachers here have learned how to connect with him. [A teacher] will sit down with [our son]. If he can't tell her how he feels, she asks him to draw it out. No one ever took the time to connect with him like that. It works. He wants to be at school. He now feels understood."
- Beneficiary of OSTC Program
When Students Thrive We All Thrive
Even with our low tuition, families still need financial assistance to attend.
The Educational Improvement Tax Creadit (EITC), PreKindergargten Educational Imporvement Tax Credit (PK-EITC), and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs have been instituted by the Pennsylvania Legislature so that eligible corporations and businesses can make a contribution to an approved educational scholarship organization, and receive a tax credit.
EITC, PK-EITC/OSTC Eligibility
Eligible corporations and businesses are those that pay any of the following taxes
- Capitalstock & franchise tax
- Corporate net income tax
- Bank and trust company share tax
- Title insurance companies shares tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Insurance Company Law of 1921
- Mutual thrift institution tax
- Personal income tax of S-Corporation shareholders or partners in a general or limited partnership
EITC/OSTC Business Benefits:
- Receive a tax credit equal to 75% of its contribution up to a max of $750,000 per taxable year.
- If business agrees to provide the same amount of contribution to an organization for two consecutive years, tax credit may increase to 90% of the contributions up to a max. of $750,000
PK-EITC Business Benefits:
- Receive a tax credit equal to 100% of the first $10,000 contributed and up to 90% of the remaing amount contributed up to a max. credit of $200,000 annually.
WHO YOU ARE HELPING:
Parents seek out KCA because they believe that they can be met at KCA. But, when you are a single mom, have multiple children in a blended family, are in the process of fostering or adopting, and/or living below the poverty line, having those needs met is almost impossible without financial help.
Each year KCA distributes available scholarship funds among eligible families with verified need, giving priority to families who demonstrate the greatest need. And each year we have to turn students away because we are out of scholarship funds.
Please consider partnering with us to make KCA more accessible to families, because when students thrive we all thrive!
EITC/PK-EITC Student Benefits:
Scholarships are open to students who are enrolled and meet required verified need standards. Families who demonstrate the greatest need are given priority
OSTC Student Benefits:
Scholarships are open to students who are enrolled and reside within the boundaries of low achieving public schools. A low-achieving school is defined as a public elementary or secondary school ranking in the bottom 15 percent of their designation.
INTERESTED IN CHANGING A STUDENT'S LIFE:
Find out more or start the process to participate by contacting:
Mike Deppen, CPA, Chief Financial Officer